Things to Do at Home!
Some Ideas for Young Adults at Home.
Need some book ideas? Check out the NH Book Awards.
Check out some book trailers on you tube!
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angelberger (Instructions to make Origami Yoda and Darth Paper)
Keep a daily journal!
DPL has a word press blog for young adults to post on called Write Away. Write a poem, book review, story, cartoon and we can post it to the blog. Email Miss Lisa at email@example.com and say you would like to be a contributor/author. You will need to create a word press account at www.wordpress.com and then we can invite you. We haven't posted in a while so help us start again!
Write a postcard, letter, card to a friend or family member!
Visit Yellowstone National Park!
Visit the San Diego Zoo!
Cook some new meals
Make a paper fortune teller
Learn to knit, crotchet, sew
Start a cartoon panel
Learn new board games, cards.
Dream of summer
Young Adult On-Going Programs
September through May
- YA Movie Mondays! At 3:15 pm in the YA room. Popcorn is served!
- YA Monthly Fun Night! The next one is on Monday, April 13th from 6:30-7:30 pm. This month: Pajama Night!
- Bookeaters Book Group! This is a monthly, middle school book group that meets on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:15 pm. Pizza is served! Next discussion: Wednesday, April 15th! Book: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (Books are available at the library)
- ORHS Poetry Out Loud Contest each January!
- Drop-in crafts, games & activities!
- Play games on the x-box!
This 5-week reading program runs from the end of June through July!
- Write book reviews, keep track of reading minutes, earn raffle tickets for fun prizes.
- Summer Young Adult programs usually on Monday afternoons.
- Drop-In crafts/activities all week.