Job Openings at DPL
Thank you for your interest. All current openings will be posted below.
Emerging Technologies Library Assistant
Volunteering at DPL
Volunteers are an essential part of the work at the Durham Public Library. Those interested can volunteer their time on an individual basis by calling us at 868-6699 or stopping by the circulation desk. Others may want to join the Friends of the Library; the Friends do organized fundraising for the library and support the staff in many ways. To contact the Friends, email them at email@example.com.
Typical jobs include:
- Setting up and cleanup for book sales or other events
- Being flexible to assist the librarians with a variety of tasks (organizing, sorting, cleaning)
- Computer projects
- Constructing crafts for children’s story time
If you would like to volunteer at the library, simply print and complete the application below and bring it with you to the library. Please call us if you have any questions.
Requirements for teen volunteers:
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age
- Volunteers less than 18 years old must submit a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian
- Fourteen (14) and fifteen (15) year olds must get a Youth Employment Certificate from their school
- Volunteers younger than 18 must supply proof of age (copy of a birth certificate; driver's license)
Forms for teen volunteers: