Volunteers are an essential part of the work at the Durham Public Library. Jobs can be tailored to fit any level of interest and talent. Those interested can volunteer their time on an individual basis by calling Nancy Miner, Assistant Director 868-6699. Others may want to join the Friends of the Library; the Friends do organized fundraising for the library and support the staff in many ways. To contact the Friends, email them at email@example.com .
Typical jobs include:
- Setting up and cleanup for book sales or other events
- Being flexible to assist the librarians with a variety of tasks (organizing, sorting, cleaning)
- Computer projects
- Constructing crafts for children’s story time
If you would like to volunteer at the library, simply print and complete the application below and bring it with you to the library. Please call us if you have any questions. Requirements for teen volunteers:
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age
- Volunteers less than 18 years old must submit a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian
- Fourteen (14) and fifteen (15) year olds must get a Youth Employment Certificate from their school
- Volunteers younger than 18 must supply proof of age (copy of a birth certificate; driver's license)
Forms for teen volunteers:
- Employer's Request for Child Labor (required for students age 14 and 15, to be completed by employer)
- Parental Permission Form for Employment of Youth Age 16 or 17
- DPL Under 18 Volunteer Form (required for all volunteers under 18)
Hours can be documented for volunteers who need Community Service time submitted to:
- fraternities and sororities
- the court
- for college applications
If you have a particular interest or skill you would like to contribute to the library, we’d like to hear about it! Do you have expertise in computers? Grant writing? Teaching English as a second language? Teaching literacy? Let us know if you have time to share your talents.
To volunteer at the Durham Public Library, contact Nancy Miner, the Assistant Director.
Durham Public Library / 603-868-6699 / 49 Madbury Road / Durham, NH 03824